Tuesday, August 11, 2020

Being in the Moment

So what's next for pyamsoft?

It's been a year since the last update - Android has rapidly evolved from the mobile OS it was when I first began into this worldwide phenomenon and it's userbase has grown exponentially. I no longer develop Android applications professionally, they have been relegated to purely a love and a hobby that I spend all of my free time in. I have thousands of users to please and, since I removed advertisements and all forms of monetary potential from all of my applications and open sourced all the code, I have zero dollars to show for literally thousands of hours of hard work. I've effectively lost money and time developing Android applications. Something has to change.

But change is slow and difficult, so instead here's another app in development.

Introducing Moment, or MMNT: a ticker tracker for the NASDAQ. It will periodically monitor the tickers on the NASDAQ for trading volume - and will send you a notification when the trading volume of a ticker exceeds 10x the average of the past 3 days. In this market of insider trading and rampant speculation, hopefully it can inform you about a burst in trading volume before the price change follows. It will also monitor specific tickers that you request and notify you daily about the total volume and price spreads from open to close. It'll have charts.

MMNT gets it name from the ticker of the same name which tracks Momentous Holdings, a penny stock trading at a volume of 4000 and going for about 20 cents. It has 2 employees. Its a small, penny traded stock that barely sees any activity and is worth barely any money per share. But, back in April of this year, its trading volume increased from a volume average of 150 to 120 thousand, which brought gains of more than 60% at the top. The massive volume increase preceeded the price increase by about a trading day, and the top by about a week. MMNT the app seeks to capture tickers like MMNT whenever its next great pop and drop happens.

It will hopefully be done in less than a year. We'll see.

Stay tuned.

========================
Follow pyamsoft around the Web for updates and announcements about the newest applications!
Like what I do?

Send me an email at: pyam.soft@gmail.com
Or find me online at: https://pyamsoft.blogspot.com

Follow my Facebook Page
Check out my code on GitHub
=========================