Wednesday, November 10, 2021

End of More Ages

Seems like only yesterday I was writing about this.

Sad to say it but it must be said - Pasterino, ZapTorch, and WordWiz have all been deprecated today and are henceforce unpublished and wholly unsupported. They will receive no further updates or bugfixes.

Long story short, Google Play Store and the Android ecosystem have evolved once again to a point where applications like these that serve as simple utility single-function applications are no longer needed nor encouraged. Rather than fill out disclosure forms regarding data I don't collect and having to comply with a continuing restrictive process, I've decided I would simply rather not invest additional work and time into hobby projects I already struggle to maintain.

They are, as of this moment, dead. Any existing versions should continue to work until they don't with any new Android versions, and if you've already installed the application you will continue to be able to use them as always. I just will not be working on them in the future any further unless the landscape once again changes.

That leaves FridgeFriend, HomeButton, and the mystery stock application alive for now - who knows what the future holds?

Stay tuned...

========================
Follow pyamsoft around the Web for updates and announcements about the newest applications!
Like what I do?

Send me an email at: pyam.soft@gmail.com
Or find me online at: https://pyamsoft.blogspot.com

Follow my Facebook Page
Check out my code on GitHub
=========================