Wednesday, May 1, 2024

TetherFinally

Hey, it's been a little while.

Back in February I started a new full-time day job, so updates both code and blog have obviously been sparse and slower. I did finally manage to get some stuff released though.

For nerds, PYDroid 27 is published which brings support for Material3 UI. The Material2 days are behind us now, but the M3 widgets are basically the same. Material You is supported but optional.

This new M3 support is best reflected in the newly beta released update to TetherFi, version 41. This version brings full Material3 and Material You support, and adds some new features.

The "Stubborn Proxy" optional tweak is being made default, so it will be On unless you explicitly turn it off. In a future TetherFi version, this tweak will be removed completely, since I believe the option works very well. The "Bind to All Interfaces" tweak has been turned off, and will be removed in the next version, as the default configuration is now faster and more reliable than the tweak was.

One significant feature additional is the ability to track and monitor the amount of data used by connected devices. You will be able to monitor how much data the connected device sends to and receives from the Internet. This feature work is done in preparation of a future feature additional requested by a community member on GitHub to implement Bandwidth limits.

Now that this release is out the door I can continue work on my two other apps, which have still not been released public as I am trying to figure out the final few steps to take them from "cool toy" to actual "production product", which is always the most-fun-but-most-time-consuming step of the process. Having new commitments at a new job doesn't do me any favors here - but I digress.

We'll get there when we get there!

Stay tuned!

========================
Follow pyamsoft around the Web for updates and announcements about the newest applications!
Like what I do?

Send me an email at: pyam.soft@gmail.com
Or find me online at: https://pyamsoft.blogspot.com

Follow my Facebook Page
Check out my code on GitHub
=========================