Friday, July 25, 2014

Here's whats up.

Well the temperature where I live.

Also a couple of stocks are doing okay.

But mainly, whenever the device boots up, the performance of the overlay for the first couple seconds is ABYSMAL. Now unfortunately, I can't do all that much about this. The device is booting so naturally priority is placed on getting processes started, not necessarily performance. However, I did make some changes in offloading the heavy logic process for where the current touch is, and what button (if any) it is touching, to a background async task and I will say, the performance has improved over all. Visually it may still feel the same, but the over all response of the overlay is now smoother. I've also pushed the actual Power Manager functionality to a background thread which in theory should reduce the time needed to resume the device from sleep, which is a problem that commonly has plagued the application.

I've also worked on improving the response time for SoftGlow and its startup, as well as the performance of the overlay once you call it online. This is because instead of process all of the heavy loading on the UI thread, I've pushed it to the background so that the only result you see, is the result you care about: your device becoming tinted with a nice mellow glow.

Also, game loops. They're being programmed too. Maybe. Can't say. Shouldn't say. Just said.


Keep following pyamsoft for updates and announcements about the newest applications!

==

Like what I do?

Send me an email at: pyam.soft@gmail.com
Or find me online at: http://pyamsoft-official.blogspot.com/