Friday, July 11, 2014

Hi Atoos

Back from a long, 2 weeks away from the internet, and essentially the modern world.

So yes, I went on a cruise. Where the internet is expensive, slow, and pay per minute.


But hey guess what! I worked long and hard hours updating and fixing bugs in Power Manager, SoftGlow, Home Button, and an undisclosed application which I haven't yet decided on a name for! Woohoo!

Power Manager is seeing usability and visual fixes, as well as additional options added in certain areas. For one thing, the dynamic overlay which provides easy access to radio toggles has been updated to run smoother and also received its own configuration page separated from the general settings. The Power Manager widget has been temporarily disabled as I work through fixing the bugs present in older versions of Android that occur when closing the main application.

Home Button received a small memory upgrade in an attempt to shrink the footprint of the application.

SoftGlow is receiving preliminary profile support, as well as more robust options for setting manual overrides at certain times of day.

Also a notification problem present in all three applications which forces them to run in memory foreground has been located, an I am currently working on a proper fix even as I type this. Hopefully that will be finished in the next couple of weeks. The updates will take longer this time around, since I'm hoping to drop off all three of the updated applications on the store at one time, but seeing as Power Manager is the one which requires to most work, you may see a couple early updates drop in the store a couple of weeks earlier than others.

Overall, the past two weeks of almost no activity on this blog have actually been rather productive for me. Hopefully I can keep you all in the loop much better as things go on, but for now, we must deal with what we have.


Keep following P.Yam software for updates and announcements about the newest applications!

P.Yam Software

==

Like what I do?
Send me an email at: pyam.soft@gmail.com
Or find me online at: http://pyamsoft-official.blogspot.com/