Monday, April 11, 2016

pstate-more-frequent

pstate-frequency 3.1.0 is a tiny update to a tiny program.

Remember that old systemd service you had to enable for x86_enery_perf_policy support? Well remember no more.

pstate-frequency now comes with a flag -x | --x86 which sets the policy to whatever you ask, how neat. The flag is set by default when a power plan is requested, and can be overridden to any other policy, including a special 'none' option argument which tells pstate-frequency to not touch the x86_energy_perf_plan setting. And if you do not have the x86_energy_perf_policy program installed, pstate-frequency will just skip over it.

This should allow you to remove the systemd service for x86_energy_perf_policy and just use the pstate-frequency services. In fact, I've taken the liberty to do it for you already.

Two posts in one day, a new record perhaps.

========================
Follow pyamsoft around the Web for updates and announcements about the newest applications!
Like what I do?

Send me an email at: pyam.soft@gmail.com
Or find me online at: https://pyamsoft.blogspot.com

Follow my FaceBook Page
Follow my Google+ Page
=========================