Monday, April 11, 2016

ZapTorch

I know.

What kind of name is that?

I'm bad at names, sorry.

Anywho, ZapTorch (name pending) is a simple application I created in the last five days. Born out of annoyance, this application is very simple. It only does one thing.

You click click.
It turns on the flashlight.

I know. Amazing right.

Turns out its more useful than you might think at first. Give it a go and you'll see.

Some caveats though:

- Due to the way Android handles applications listening for keypresses, ZapTorch will only respond to a double press of a button while the screen is On.
- ZapTorch will only listen for the Volume Down key. Press it twice in a short (configurable) time window and you'll get light.
- In order to capture key events from everywhere, ZapTorch needs an accessibility service.

However, don't be alarmed at all of these caveats. ZapTorch does not talk to the Internet at all, it lacks the permission on Android to even do so. It only monitors for the Volume Down key.

woohoo.

Padlock coming soon (tm).

========================
Follow pyamsoft around the Web for updates and announcements about the newest applications!
Like what I do?

Send me an email at: pyam.soft@gmail.com
Or find me online at: https://pyamsoft.blogspot.com

Follow my FaceBook Page
Follow my Google+ Page
=========================