Wednesday, February 7, 2024

PXE and XYZ

If you are a giant nerd like I am, you may have dabbled with PXE boot to launch systems off of network devices instead of installing an operating system on to a physical drive.

Nerd.

Anyway, if you manage a fleet of devices all via PXE or you have a virtualized cluster or do whatever else in your lab with a random set of machines, you've probably heard of netboot.xyz. If you haven't you may be making life more difficult than it has to be.

You can set the image up in a container on a central machine, host whatever your custom standard image packages are supposed to be, and then deploy image updates centrally through the xyz delivery so that way you don't need to carry and pass around a USB stick, or deal with mass email chains about what the latest PXE should be.

Plus it's fun.

If you like that kind of thing, you nerd.


Stay tuned!

========================
Follow pyamsoft around the Web for updates and announcements about the newest applications!
Like what I do?

Send me an email at: pyam.soft@gmail.com
Or find me online at: https://pyamsoft.blogspot.com

Follow my Facebook Page
Check out my code on GitHub
=========================