Wednesday, August 31, 2016

WordWiz

A new app already, wowzers.

The other day I was writing using my Android device and wanted to check the current word count of my paper. I found to my dismay, that there was no quick and easy way to do this already, and that many solutions on the Play Store required me to copy and paste my text into a special application, causing me to leave my paper and thus lose my train of thought (and my immersion!)

I thought to myself, there has to be a better way, and there was. Enter WordWiz.

WordWiz is a very, very simple application. It places an additional entry into the system Text Selection overlay on Marshmallow and up, the Word Count option.

Selecting that option will take a word count of your text selection and then return you that value in a little Toast message.

An um.

That's it.

Programmed in just under 2 hours, the application is currently very basic. I hope to further extend it with commands to count the occurrences of a given token in selections as well as any other useful tidbits I can think of.

========================
Follow pyamsoft around the Web for updates and announcements about the newest applications!
Like what I do?

Send me an email at: pyam.soft@gmail.com
Or find me online at: https://pyamsoft.blogspot.com

Follow my FaceBook Page
Follow my Google+ Page
=========================