Monday, August 11, 2014

For Realz.

I just rewrote Power Manager.
Like all of it.

Why? Why you ask?  Why would I announce it complete and ready for release last week and then go about rewriting it? Because oh my memory leaks thats why. A large portion of the application was leaking a bad context which I basically built the entire application on. Now this wasn't too big of a deal if you exit the application through the back button, but for those of you who just press the Home button, Power Manager leaked endlessly. Never enough to run out, but hey. Only quality stuff here. I also used the rewrite to redesigned the manager and now it is able to save state through process kills. What used to happen is while your phone was turned off, if Android decided to kill the process, when you turned your phone back on, all of the radios would be stuck off. With the new method of storage, I am happy to say that Power Manager will still turn your device radios back on, even if you turn the screen off, kill all of the radios, lose device power, and turn the phone back on 2 days later. It should also be faster and more quickly responsive, and should consume less memory while running.

In the coming days I plan to do a reqrite of SoftGlow as well since that it a smaller and hopefully better laid out application. Progress may appear slow, but it is steady.

About Android L. For those who have downloaded the preview, I do not plan to support L while it is in preview. My main focus is on stability and performance in my applications, features and visual glitter come second to me. L will be supported rest assured, but only once its images leave preview and can be declared Stable.


Keep following pyamsoft for updates and announcements about the newest applications!

==

Like what I do?

Send me an email at: pyam.soft@gmail.com
Or find me online at: http://pyamsoft-official.blogspot.com/