Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Some updates and why you shouldn't remove init.

Progress is coming along a bit slower than expected, so I apologize for that. The Power Manager update is STILL waiting on the Google Play Services update, so maybe I'm doing something wrong. I dunno. SoftGlow is now getting looked at, and Home Button has been rewritten to completion. NeoSynapse is still active but is for the moment taking a back seat to the neccessary rewrites and updates for the earlier applications. Hopefully expect to see the updated versions drop soon.

In other news, I recently removed the systemd-sysvcompat package from my Arch system. As a result, well, GRUB wasn't able to find my init. So after some panic, I learned that if you add

init='/usr/lib/systemd/systemd' to your kernel command line, GRUB will be able to init again like normal. This is because, atleast on Arch, to my understanding the init binary acts simply as a symlink to systemd. Who knew.

Anyways don't go digging around and pulling stuff out of base unless you're willing to freak out and put in the sweat to learn why stuff doesn't work the way it should sometimes.

Keep following pyamsoft for updates and announcements about the newest applications!

==
Like what I do?

Send me an email at: pyam.soft@gmail.com
Or find me online at: http://pyamsoft-official.blogspot.com/