Saturday, August 16, 2014

Waiting

So the Power Manager update is basically done. There are a couple more small functionality things to re-implement, but essentially we're ready to go. What isn't ready to go yet though is Google Play Services. An updated version dropped a couple of days back (or so it reports) and will constantly pop up to remind the user that they should update their Play Services APK. Only there is no update available for Play Services at the moment. Because Power Manager (and frankly, all of my applications) use GPS to serve Ads to users (which is my main source of revenue and keeps me happy knowing people support me and my applications), it is of utmost importance that GPS is ready to go as well before the update goes live. The last thing a user would want to do is open the update and be unable to access any settings.

Speaking of settings, the reason why they are so important this update, is because I'm sorry. This update, 4.0.0, breaks backwards compatibility with older existing versions. It's that different. Yes I'm sorry, this means that every user will need to go through the application and reset his/her settings to what each person prefers using. However the increased speed and performance smoothing of the application will be well worth it I promise. Plenty of performance issues, small security implementations, and general usability issues have been fixed in the 4.0.0 update. I'm sorry its taken so long. Please be patient, as I'm only one person and can only work so fast.

SoftGlow will be receiving a revamp as well, it needs to be fixed for performance and other implementations. Home Button will be seeing minor patches as well (though likely not a large version bump like Power Manager or SoftGlow). And the new application, NeoSynapse, is being written with the changes in the Android ecosystem in mind. It is being engineered for security and performance in first class priority.

More announcements to come later, but for now its just a game of waiting.
I thank each and every one of you who uses any of my applications for being patient and understanding with me in this current busy time. I will make you all happy, I promise.

Keep following pyamsoft for updates and announcements about the newest applications!

==
Like what I do?

Send me an email at: pyam.soft@gmail.com
Or find me online at: http://pyamsoft-official.blogspot.com/