Saturday, July 18, 2015

pstate-ithinkiknowwhatimdoing

So for the time being I've re-enabled sleeping in pstate-frequency by default. Reason being is that I observed upon system resume that sometime pstate-frequency would fail to control frequencies as similar in the reference issue. As such, I've once again added both sleep timeouts as well as the pstate-frequency-sleep.service for systemd. I would recommend that for those looking to use pstate-frequency as it was intended should enable all three systemd services that ship with the package, or create three equivalent services for distributions that do not ship systemd.

This works around a couple of issues that the intel_pstate driver is ironing out upstream. Hopefully in the future they will not be needed to control frequencie after system suspend.

Right now the patches are only sitting in the upstream dev branch for pstate-frequency. If you are wishing to use the dev branch, be aware that stability is not guaranteed, although I run it myself and have had no issues running pstate-frequency in all possible configurations.

========================
Follow pyamsoft around the Web for updates and announcements about the newest applications!
Like what I do?

Send me an email at: pyam.soft@gmail.com
Or find me online at: https://pyamsoft-official.blogspot.com/

Check out my Android Applications
Check out my Github Repositories
Check out my AUR packages

Follow my FaceBook Page
Follow my Google+ Page
=========================