Friday, July 31, 2015

Updating the things that need updating

Power Manager update, one of the smallest ones ever.

This is in prep for the next major Power Manager release, version 5.0. I'm cleaning up a bunch of junk spaghetti code and making sure that things are as convenient as possible for those who are on Android 15 and those who are on Android 21 and up.

Why do I say 15 instead of the usual 10? Well as of a couple of months ago, the share for API 10 on the market is dwindling less than 5%. Let me voice that I wish nothing more than for everyone to be on the newest Android versions, so as a result, I will be dropping official support for those running a device of API version < 15. Let me clarify.

The application will install on API < 15.
It will run on API < 15.
It may not look as pretty or run as smooth or do as much.

I will most likely be phasing the same thing over for both SoftGlow and QuickSwitch, so be aware that if your device is older you may not be able to enjoy the same experience as those on newer devices such as Lollipop and upwards.

QuickSwitch has also been internally updated to verson 1.1.0, which brings support for a Torch flashlight toggle to the application. Some bugs need to be ironed out, as there are some kinks which prevent usual camera usage.

More later.

========================
Follow pyamsoft around the Web for updates and announcements about the newest applications!
Like what I do?

Send me an email at: pyam.soft@gmail.com
Or find me online at: https://pyamsoft-official.blogspot.com/

Check out my Android Applications
Check out my Github Repositories
Check out my AUR packages

Follow my FaceBook Page
Follow my Google+ Page
=========================