Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Testing in Production

Ramble mode engage.

--

I like you guys.

You're like my own little slice of users who, at this point, don't really expect all too much out of my applications and things that I make. So its neat then, because when I release something that's really bad, I get to see how it all pans out. I get to test in production, basically. And you; you're all a part of my little group of testers.

In the coming months, here's what will be happening.

I will be (as previously announced) removing advertisements from everything. Everything I can update in time. I probably won't get around to working on Power Manager, I'm saying it now. It's the largest (oldest (ugliest) ) application I have so far, even though that isn't saying much, and I have invested so much time into it that I want to work on other projects at the moment. I do hope to address SoftGlow though (also as noted before). Sounds good? Good. Moving on.

I will be experimenting with the idea of prompting for reviews. Don't be afraid, let me explain.

Most people have opinions about the applications they use whether they are vocal about them or not. Most people are just too lazy to voice their opinion as a review because they cannot be tasked with going to the store page and writing it up. I will be looking to interact better with my audience by prompting them a single time when the application is freshly updated or installed, to rate the application on the Play Store.

Voice concerns. Report bugs. Say thanks. Insult my family. Whatever you want to do, that small paragraph of text is yours to do it in.

The rating prompt will be in the form of a single dialog. It will only show up once, it will not badger you for five stars. It will give you only two options, either rate the application on the Play Store, or don't. That's it. Easy peasy. In fact, so easy, I will be planning on putting it into the applications I can update in time. Consider this like the "Empire Strikes Back" only the Empire returns in the form of a non intrusive dialog prompt instead of a crummy advertisement, and the Empire in this case is, well, me. The developer giveth, and the developer taketh away.

Market research shows that just by simply prompting a user to give feedback, the amount of feedback grows exponentially. I am wondering if this is the case, even for my very very tiny community of users.

Sorry, testers. And since you are now an official pyamsoft tester, I guess some congratulations are in order.

So.

Congratulations, you're hired! You start tomorrow.

========================
Follow pyamsoft around the Web for updates and announcements about the newest applications!
Like what I do?

Send me an email at: pyam.soft@gmail.com
Or find me online at: https://pyamsoft.blogspot.com

Follow my FaceBook Page
Follow my Google+ Page
=========================