Monday, May 2, 2016

Lots of little patches

Lots of little patches today. PadLock, ZapTorch, and Home Button all got updated to work with a couple of new features.

None of them require Internet or declare Internet permissions anymore.
No ads in any of the applications.

Applications are now donation supported. Donations are handled via Android In-App Billing in the form of consumable items priced at one, two, five, and ten dollars.

If you visit the repositories for PyDroid, PadLock, ZapTorch, and Home Button, you will notice they went from something like 500 commits (in the case of PadLock) to only 10 or 20. This is unfortunately because an API key may have been uploaded to one or more of these repositories on accident, and thus saved in the Git history. While I cannot confirm that this was the case, this was the safest way for me to make sure that the repositories start clean.

As of this point, no sensitive information is ignored from any of these repositories, meaning the code you see on GitHub is the code I work on and the code that runs in your APK.

On an additional note, I have stopped obfuscating code in the APK files. This is for those who are hyper paranoid and want to make sure that the code running on the device is the same as the source on GitHub. I can assure you it is. Note that some ProGuard optimizations may make some of the class files unreadable via a decompiler.

I hope to once again look at Power Manager in the next couple of weeks and continue working on that application. There is a lot of crusty code in it that could use a refresher.

steam-wrapper was updated to fix a crash caused by new libgpg-error libraries shipped in the runtime. The latest version, 0.2.4, should allow one to launch Steam using the runtime on distros that are not Ubuntu 12.04.

More to come.

========================
Follow pyamsoft around the Web for updates and announcements about the newest applications!
Like what I do?

Send me an email at: pyam.soft@gmail.com
Or find me online at: https://pyamsoft.blogspot.com

Follow my FaceBook Page
Follow my Google+ Page
=========================