Sunday, December 18, 2016

MuQSS is a strange one

MuQSS is, to my understanding, a replace for BFS.

It works great. Keeps heat low and is highly responsive and performant.

Except it one odd case. Playing the vidya gamez.

Normally, I would be able to run CS:GO or the dolphin emulator without having to
change the frequencies of my CPU (using pstate-frequency). But with MuQSS, for
some odd reason, I am forced to basically set the CPU performance governor to
reach the same frames that I would have with the mainline CFS scheduler.

As a result, when playing games I experience a bit higher of a heat increase than
with the mainline build, but I also experience a slightly better performance benefit
as well.

Overall, MuQSS is a great addition to the desktop Linux ecosystem, but I did find it
interesting that it performs oddly in very specific situations for my very specific machine.

Also, if GalliumOS could ship MuQSS in replacement for BFS, that would be awesome.

========================
Follow pyamsoft around the Web for updates and announcements about the newest applications!
Like what I do?

Send me an email at: pyam.soft@gmail.com
Or find me online at: https://pyamsoft.blogspot.com

Follow my FaceBook Page
Follow my Google+ Page
=========================