Saturday, September 20, 2014

Updates and a note about versioning

pstate-frequency received an update today which includes a new feature: minimum frequency controlling.

Pass the -n or --min option to modify the minimum running frequency of the CPU.

A note about the versioning for pstate-frequency: Beacuse I have not planned any official point releases for pstate-frequency, the versioning is done by checking the current commit number on the Git branch. Yes this is weird, but because the git version is constantly updating, this seems like the easiest way to show whether the version is up to date or not.

SoftGlow is coming along well, I'm experimenting with allowing users to set their own time frame for activating the overlay and at what intensity they wish it to run at. This should be more flexable than the older method of hardcoded time zones.

I've also uploaded two small custom repositories for my own dotfiles and a small bash script to print the current terminal colors. Give them a look.

Keep following pyamsoft for updates and announcements about the newest applications!

==
Like what I do?

Send me an email at: pyam.soft@gmail.com
Or find me online at: http://pyamsoft-official.blogspot.com/