Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Lollipop and Power Manager

In Android Lollipop, Power Manager is no longer able to change the system state of mobile data. This reflection API used in previous versions has been removed, and any remaining functionality is reserved for system vendors only. This saddens me greatly, and removes a large piece of fuctionality in the application for all users who will eventually be running on Android versions like Lollipop and upwards. This being said, all other management should continue to work, and mobile data will continue to work on older versions of android. Power Management development will continue and will hopefully become more robust despite the lack of mobile data abilities in new coming version of Android.

====================================================================

Follow pyamsoft around the Web for updates and announcements about the newest applications!
Like what I do?

Send me an email at: pyam.soft@gmail.com
Or find me online at: http://pyamsoft-official.blogspot.com/

Check out my Android Applications
Check out my Github Repositories
Check out my AUR packages

Follow my FaceBook Page
Follow my Google+ Page

=====================================================================