Monday, October 13, 2014

Shorewall

Why Shorewall? Honestly, because it was a name that I saw in the repos.

Cause I'm lazy.

Anywhoo, Shorewall is an iptables firewall frontend, so that's cool.
I think that it will help ease the process and understanding of setting up system firewalls, although one should still know a bit about iptables and general networking.

I recommend that you learn about iptables, the raw iptables userland program and how to use it to set up rules and forwarding and blocking and whatnot. Then, armed with your knowledge, you setup Shorewall to easily maintain your hardened system. The order is important. Don't setup a shorewall instance until you know what it does (or doesn't do). Be safe(r).

News about apps in a couple of days once I sort out a couple of bugs in Power Manager and SoftGlow.

====================================================================

Follow pyamsoft around the Web for updates and announcements about the newest applications!
Like what I do?

Send me an email at: pyam.soft@gmail.com
Or find me online at: http://pyamsoft-official.blogspot.com/

Check out my Android Applications
Check out my Github Repositories
Check out my AUR packages

Follow my FaceBook Page
Follow my Google+ Page

=====================================================================