Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Ads

There's going to be a couple more Ads in applications now, unfortunately. I have added non-intrusive Ads to the places that I deemed to be the most logical, the bottom of the Activity and the bottom of the Notification. The Ad is small and you will most likely not notice it, that being said, if you WOULD notice the Ad, it would be of great help to me.

I am conflicted about adding more Ads into my application, as I myself do not like Ads, and even go so far as to run an adblocker on my own websites. I do not want to cram ads into the faces of my users, which is why I am so hesitant about additional ads in applications, so I have made sure that the ads do not distract from the actual usage of the application. I have added only one more ad to Power Manager as of this writing, which will bring the total count of ads to 1 in Home Button, 4 in Power Manager, and soon to be 4 in SoftGlow.

Buying the Pro key versions of applications will remove all traces of Ads from the application experience.

Being vigilant and ignoring them as I have done may however be more your style.

At the end of the day, it is your choice as users to use my applications, and I will fully understand if the addition of more ads to an arguably ad filled application causes backlash in my audience. If you choose to leave, please leave me a comment on the application page, and I may decide to rethink the ad usage in my applications.

========================
Follow pyamsoft around the Web for updates and announcements about the newest applications!
Like what I do?

Send me an email at: pyam.soft@gmail.com
Or find me online at: http://pyamsoft-official.blogspot.com/

Check out my Android Applications
Check out my Github Repositories
Check out my AUR packages

Follow my FaceBook Page
Follow my Google+ Page
=========================