Monday, February 9, 2015

Update of rather small importance

But dang it if didn't take some work.

pstate-frequency has been updated to better set your p-state frequencies.

I know.

I know.

The commits in question add support for displaying debug messages throughout operation so you know exactly what's going on behind the scenes, suppressing all non error output, and even an extreme setting which stops pstate-frequency from (hopefully) displaying any output at all. EXCEPT. For if you miss an option, you will still get that annoying option printout about invalid options.

GAH.

But anyway, lots of small changes accumulate to bring one big change in the end. Code on the dev branch ugly's up the code a bit more to reduce the number of dynamic allocations in the code from around 900 to only 500 (effectively half). That being said, pstate-frequency on even its ugliest day should still be quick, light, and robust, so these changes are more for me to not pull my own hair out.


HOPEFULLY ANDROID.

Maybe in the next couple of days.

========================
Follow pyamsoft around the Web for updates and announcements about the newest applications!
Like what I do?

Send me an email at: pyam.soft@gmail.com
Or find me online at: http://pyamsoft-official.blogspot.com/

Check out my Android Applications
Check out my Github Repositories
Check out my AUR packages

Follow my FaceBook Page
Follow my Google+ Page
=========================